Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pretties Kit Clippie

Another Pretties Kit Clippie Bookmark - isn't it lovely? My dear friend Mindy was the recipient of one of my Scripture Chick bookmarks before her open heart surgery a couple months ago . She liked it so much that she asked me to create some Scripture bookmarks for her to give as a gift, and some to keep for herself. So I'll be posting them over the next couple of days. Choosing bookmarks as my Scripture Chick project (aka Bible Verse Challenge BVC08 on SCS or Divine Design on the original Chicks blogs) was definitely Holy Spirit inspired. I am so enjoying creating these bookmarks!

This time I used the Summer Sun Stampin' Write Marker to polka-dot the Pretties Kit large flower. The Scripture verse is printed on Barely Banana, and punched out using the 1 3/8" Circle Punch. This time around, I tied the bow FIRST, SU! Black Gingham Ribbon for this one, then adhered the bow with a Mini Glue Dot. I like this much better than tying it around the clippie. That's how designing goes isn't it? You keep tweaking it until you hit the perfect combination. That's part of what makes it fun for me, how about you? ENJOY!


No comments: