Monday, September 07, 2009

Birthday Wishes Card

I made this design in the hopes of participating in the GinaK Designs August Release party. Would you believe I actually made 3 cards to the sketch challenge - all done well before the deadline even - AND my computer's hard drive died. I'm mean really now! Now I can laugh, but it wasn't funny a couple of weeks ago.

I had attended the Scrap Expo in St. Charles, IL with Cathy L., and taken a Basic Grey Junebug Card Kit Class. So I wanted to keep using some of the leftovers from the kit. I also wanted to use my Copic Markers and Spica Glitter Pens. The NEW Stampin' Up! In Color - Dusty Durango - went so well with the orange in the paper. So did the Night of Navy. I am pleased with the outcome of this design! A pretty Fall birthday card.

The mosaic vase is a GinaK Designs image, and I used the Spica Glitter Pens to really make it stand out. This close-up shot is my attempt to show you the glittery vase, but I've found that glitter usually doesn't photograph well. I also added some orange sparkle to the orange sections on the Junebug paper. Nestabilities Classic Ovals for the focal image. Stampin' Up! Oval and Curly Label Punches. And here's a COOL thing about Copic Markers - they can color metal! See the "navy brads" embellishing the GinaK sentiment? Those brads started out as silver Stampin' Up! brads that I then colored with B39 Copic Sketch Marker. Way cool!

ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: