Friday, August 26, 2011

Vellum Overlay Cards



Here is project 2 of 3 from my Stampin' Up! New Catalog Open House earlier this month. Another SUPER fast and easy design that gives the added BONUS of using up the slightly larger pieces of Designer Series Papers (DSP) most of us have lying around our craft rooms. Just choose a coordinating solid color of card stock for the base and the ribbon.

Here, I used Old Olive with the NEW DSP Paisley Petals. I used Vellum Card Stock to run through the Big Shot in the Elegant Bouquet Embossing folder. Just use your Snail or Mono-Adhesive to adhere the vellum, because the ribbon covers up the adhesive showing through the vellum. (TIP: In my experience, there is NO adhesive that doesn't show through vellum, not even the specialty vellum adhesives that are available.) The sentiment is from a NEW stamp set called "Blessings from Heaven", and is stamped in StazOn black ink as the surface finish of vellum requires a specialty ink like StazOn.

I went through my DSP scrap drawer and pulled a bunch of retired DSP and made up a stack of cards. TIP: Leave the sentiment off, until you know for sure what occasion you will be using the card for. Then you will have a stash of ready and waiting cards whenever the next occasion arises! ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea. I love the velum-card.
I signed in not to miss any news
Greetings
Anja