Monday, September 08, 2008

Scripture Chicks - August Bookmark


"I can do all things through Him
who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13


As I mentioned in the Scripture Chicks - July Bookmark post, Summer was difficult for me spiritually. Through the "little things" that piled up, God allowed me to see another layer of my weaknesses. He is SO GOOD about this, in that He will not overwhelm us in this way, but one layer at a time. As I tried to draw strength from within to, once again, begin working on my weaknesses, I found I didn't have much left. This is where the middle part of last months verse from Romans 12:12 came into play "...patient in affliction...". And then, in conversation with a friend, Philippians 4:13 was spoken. And two different stamp sets with this verse were out on my stamp table. It was one of those 'slap yourself in the forehead' moments - DUH for me! I am always amazed at how we can "know" something, but not really *KNOW* it. Praise to You my Lord Jesus Christ - for always sending your Grace to strengthen me, especially when I forget You, Holy Spirit are there!

Stamps: Elegant Inspirations (retired SU!)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Summer Picnic DSP(all SU!)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink (SU!) & Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, 1/4" Bashful Blue Grosgrain Ribbon & Mini Glue Dots (all SU!); Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch; Creative Memories Circle Cutting System
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Beautiful bookmarks. I am a fellow Christian, book worm and stamper :) Isn't God great? I'd love more details on your book marks, dimensions, etc.

God bless,
Sarah
www.homeschoolblogger.com/OhioSarah