Monday, September 08, 2008

Scripture Chicks - July Bookmark


"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction,
faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12

Yeeeessss, I know - I am a couple months behind on BVC08 - I think the verses I chose for the Summer months will give you an idea of why. No, nothing major occurred in my life, or my family's life - Praise God! It's more the "little things" that seemed to converge and weigh heavily upon my psyche. Thank goodness the weather was so beautiful here in Illinois this Summer, because that helped me alot.

Pope Benedict XVI has named this year the Year of St. Paul - so I think it is extra fitting that I have chosen so many verses from various letters of St. Paul for BVC08. This one, in particular, provides me with a source fo strength. When all the "little things" pile up - I call upon His Word as He inspired St. Paul to share. It is a good reminder for me of what He expects of me - in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer...I am, after all, a member of His Bride, the Church.

This bookmark showcase several NEW Stampin' Up! products. I really like the NEW Upsy Daisy set (btw- it's 15% off through October 30th!). Then there's the Scallop Edge Punch - a must have (of course what SU! punch *isn't* a must have?!). And I've been waiting for an opprtunity to use the NEW Sage Shadow 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon!

Stamps: Upsy Daisy(SU!), Elegant Inspirations (retired SU!)
Cardstock: Handsome Hunter, Sage Shadow & Very Vanilla (all SU!)
Ink: Handsome Hunter & Sage Shadow
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, 5/8" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" Sage Shadow Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Angel said...

One of my favorite scriptures. Love your bookmark!

Jami said...

Your bookmarks are beautiful and I appreciate the insight you shared in your posts as well. Thanks for giving me the links! I hope you posted on SCS as well