Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flight of the Butterfly

This design was filled with surprises for me! First, I made it for a Chat & Challenge (C&C) over at Sudsol ( a demonstrator only website - if you are a demonstrator - contact me for a referral to give Sudsol a try!). Now, I have been hosting C&C for several years now - this time I participated AND stamped! (Usually I just chat instead - lol) Second - I rarely use white as a basic layer AND leave so much white space. I was pleasantly surprised at the clean, crisp look with the white here. I think it really added to the over all brightness I was shooting for in this design. The third surprise is that this is a project that needed to be designed right away and I did it right away! double lol

Why right away? Thanks for asking! Some of you may remember that Steve & I have been involved with Worldwide Marriage Encounter (WWME) for many years now. In the last two years, we began to help present WWME Weekends - and that is where we were this past weekend. In our area, we follow up the Weekend with notes sent to the participating Sacraments ( couples and priests) to continue to encourage them to use the new tools they gained from the Weekend, and let them know we are still praying for them. These will be the cards I send out - thus the red and yellow WWME colors. If you would like to find out more about WWME, please click on th elink above. If you are iont he Chicago, Joliet, Rockford, Madison or Milwaukee areas - please visit HERE. Steve & I would love to see you and your spouse on a Weekend!

Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Card Stock: Summer Sun, Whisper White & Riding Hood Red Patterns DSP
Ink: Summer Sun & Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Scallop Edge and Trio of Flowers Punches, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen, Red Eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Dimensionals
ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: