Tuesday, September 08, 2009

More Birthday Wishes

This was the second card I made for the sketch challenge I mentioned in the previous post. This time, I was using some of the leftover Basic Grey Lemonade paper from another card kit class attended as part of the Scrap Expo.

Isn't the vase pretty? I used the technique called "paper piecing" to create that look. First I stamped the GinaK floral image on the vanilla card stock. Then I stamped the image again, on the Lemonade paper. Next, I cut out the vase only, and adhered it on the main stamped image. The flowers are colored with Copic Sketch markers.

I really like the combination of Stampin' Up!'s Bravo Burgundy and Bashful Blue - and the Lemonade paper was perfect for me to highlight that color combination. The double layer of ribbon gives a nice texture that compliments the Lemonade paper. The finishing embellishment are light blue, Robin's Nest Dew Drops. Did you know you can make your own "dew drop" style embellishments using Stampin' Up!'s Crystal effects and your re-inkers? There's a sample here several months back (maybe Jan. or Feb.?), using the Stampin' Up! Just Buzzin By stamp set.
ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

1 comment:

Banu said...

WOW Beautiful card. Loved it.