Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My Digital Studio - Wedding Card

Woohoo! I finished the certification training for Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS) - the digital paper-crafting software that helps you create photo albums, cards, calendars and so much more!

This gorgeous, watercolor lily image is part of a recently released MDS DSP Digital Download called "Summer Splendor." There are several different floral images in this DSP - all equally lovely. For this design, I used the Crop tool to create the image I wanted.

I utilized Stampin' Up's MDS Professional Printing Services for this wedding card so I can see for myself the quality of the printing. In my experience, SU is awesome when it comes to quality and I look forward to seeing the quality printing they've lined up for us all. And YES cards ordered through the SU Professional Printing service do come with an envelope. :)

I actually ordered the cards without the sentiment, matted layer, ribbons & brads. Why? Because I like to keep the hand made effect in my card projects. So I plan on creating a 'hybrid' card by using my SU supplies at home to add the ribbon, brads & sentiment layer. I will aso add layers & stamping to the inside before writing our message.

I also tried printing this card from my home computer - I have an HP All-in-One Photosmart printer - and was very pleased with the results. I wanted to see how the home printing process would work, and also how the ribbon & brad embellishments looked printed. Again - I was very pleased with the results. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: