Saturday, January 05, 2008

Let the Stamping Begin...




Isn't he the cutest? This is my youngest, learning to stamp. In December, he came up to me out of the blue and said, "Mommy, I want to stamp," so matter-of-factly and with those beautiful blue eyes earnestly gazing up at me - how could I resist? I promptly cleared him a spot on my stamping table, showed him how to ink and then clean the stamp when he was done with it or the current ink color, and watched him stamp! He is 2 (won't be 3 until Feb.) He did FABULOUSLY, never left a stamp uncleaned AND put it back in the case too before he took another stamp! Of course, my 5 year old daughter couldn't *not* stamp too then (she's been stamping for about 2 years guided completely by the sound of her own stamping 'tap, tap, thump' - you know, the proverbial beat of her own drum in terms of colors and designs!) so I got her set up too, and then decided I should sit down myself and work on something (I think it was our Christmas Triptych Cards!) so I could *supervise*. Well, first time was teh charm, cuz he stamped again just yesterday and rarely cleaned a stamp, though he did put the still inked stamp back in the case - how thoughtful! lol Ah well, he is only 2... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - look how grown up he looks. Thanks for the stamping projects we did today. They were a lot of fun - even if I did melt the plastic and mangle another eyelet. - LOL - Sylvia