Sunday, October 04, 2009

First Christmas Card Sample!

I realize that some demonstrators start in Summer coming up with Christmas designs - but I just can't seem to do it! lol Even October is early for me - because I've got Fall on the brain. However, the procrastinator in me appears to have gone on holiday for a couple of days, and I am planning out personal Christmas cards for my family and my folks. I DO have to get the supplies ordered now if I want them to be done before New Year's Day!

This design is for my parents. My mom loves poinsettias, and we both share a love for Nativity scenes as well. So when I saw the SU Holiday Mini with the NEW Textured Impressions Folder "Petals-a-Plenty", I knew I would be using it for my parents cards this year.

Then I saw a beautiful card by fellow demo Patty Bennett - but there was something different about it - there were no dry embossed flowers in the center of her card! I visited her site and learned how to do this - I had the inspiration for this card now!

There are actually two ways you can achieve this look - 1.) by directly cutting an oval (or whatever shape you desire) out of your Embossing Folder (and at $7.95 each, this is definitely a feasible idea!) OR 2.) you buy a wood mat for a frame with your desired shape from the craft store (I got this one for 99 cents!), and use it as a layer in your Big Shot sandwich when dry embossing the card stock. Way Cool! I used Bravo Burgundy for the poinsettia dry embossed layer.

I used a Nestabilities Classic Oval for the Very Vanilla mat - heat embossed the Holy Triptych image in Gold. Then finished off the card by touching up the center trios of the flowers with the Zig Gold Painty pen for a little extra glitz. (I got mine from SU, but we don't carry them anymore.)

Simple and beautiful - with two of my mom's favorite things! ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: