Sunday, October 04, 2009

No Layers Challenge

I made this card for a challenge from the GinaK release party last week - NO LAYERS! Sounds easy doesn't it? Not necessarily! Easy for some, quite the challenge for others! :) I used the GinaK set Comfort and Peace.

I really liked the way this design turned out - and it was fast and easy. I did do a little cutting to make the rectangle template for sponging to create my "faux" layer.

First, I used SU! Embossing Buddy, Black Embossing Powder and Heat Tool with Versamark ink. I could have just used black ink too - but I wanted the shine of the embossing powder to add texture andinterest. Then I used my rectangle template, and oval punch - attached with a little temporary adhesive - and sponged on SU! Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede. VOILA - Done! ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: