Tuesday, March 18, 2008




This is my February Scripture Bookmark, which highlights the Scripture verse of II Corinthians 12:9 - "My Grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." This verse has been posted on a sticky note above my computer screen for years, and I have looked at it often, but never committed it to memory. I have found, in the midst of hurt, anger, resentment, loneliness - or any of a slew of the not-so-nice emotions, that this verse brings instant comfort. It also gives instant direction to where I should go or what I should do next when in the midst of these kinds of emotions.

The bookmark uses Bravo Burgundy & Creamy Caramel card stock, along with an Acetate overlay that has been stamped with the swirls from the Pricelss Stamp Set in White StazOn. The Bravo BUrgundy layer is stamped, tone on tone, with the Print Pattern Background Stamp. The top & bottom edges are covered with the Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon from the Occasions 2008 Mini Catalog. It is finished off with an Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelet (set with the Crop-a-dile, of course!) and some Bravo Burgundy 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. ENJOY!

No comments: