Saturday, July 12, 2008

Three Tulips Color Coached


So I stamped a lot of these Three Tulips images from CreativePlayStamps at once. Thus all the fun designs as I continue to play with the images I've created. (I'm telling you - that stamp day almost a month ago now really hooked me up to a great new idea! lol) I am enjoying the color of this Taffeta Ultrafine Pearlescent Glitter, and it goes so well with SU!'s Elegant Eggplant (this kind of royal purple color has been a personal favorite of mine for most of my life.) I used the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to outline the tulips with the glitter.

Did you know that CPS carries Marvy Punches? I used the Giga Scallop Oval for this design.

I wanted to play with color today too - so I pulled out my SU! Color Coach - my absolute favorite SU! tool - and found this combination: Elegant Eggplant, Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive and More Mustard. Not something I would have found on my own - but I do like it. The More Mustard is Textured Cardstock, which, along with the Grosgrain Ribbon does give this a nice subtle texture. The Whisper White focal piece seemed to stand out too much to me alone - thus the Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon and Eyelets to tie the white in nicely with all the other richly bright colors.

Stamps: Three Tulips and Thinking of You (CPS)
Cardstock: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Textured More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant
Accessories: Taffeta Ultrfine Pearlescent Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen & Marvy Giga Scalloped Oval Punch; SU! White Eyelets, Whisper White 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon & Dimensionals.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Paula said...

I like the colors you used here, Juli! Great card!