Sunday, April 26, 2009

Birthday Party Craft

Today was my sweet girl's 7th birthday party! That's her with the popcorn she was munching stuffed into her cheeks so she could smile for the picture! (giggle - like mother, like daughter!)

We did two crafts - one of which was a Mother's Day present. Of course, late last night I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to have the girls stamp a box to put the gift in right away?" Honestly, wouldn't it be nice if these "great ideas" would happen a little sooner? Okay - so I would have procrastinated it anyway...lol! So I put out a post to my super-fabulous Sudsol sisters and got the directions for the easiest box ever! It literally took me MINUTES to cut and half prepare four of these little 3" x 5" boxes.

How easy is it? I'm glad you asked! :)
It's sooooo easy, that....(I'm dating myself here)
For the BOX BASE, cut a 5" x 7" piece of cardstock. Score at 1" on all four sides. Use the Paper Snips, and cut along one score line only to the next next score line (1") to create a small flap that will fold in and be adhered to make a box corner. Repeat on all four corners. If you plan to stamp the base, do so now, before you create the corners! (It's hard to stamp a 3-d item, I know from experience! lol) Adhere the corners, and Voila! your base is done.

For the BOX TOP, cut a 5 1/8" x 7 1/8" piece of card stock or Designer Paper, and repeat the above steps. After I scored and snipped this piece, I then cut 1/4" off each side, so that after the top is assembled, the base color would show once the lid is on the box. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: