Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Enjoy Every Moment Card

I cut and stamped the pieces for this design sitting at Energym while my two oldest were in gymnastics class. We've been doing this since late, last Fall- and it's only this afternoon that it struck me to bring a project to stamp! These are for a Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend this weekend in Oconomowoc, WI - support letters for the couples attending, that they will receive at the end of their Weekend. Live in the Rockford, IL/Madison or Milwaukee, WI area? You can find out more info about a Weekend HERE. (Chicago and Joliet areas too!)

I am loving the SU! Texturz Plates! They provide dry embossing, like the Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folders. Some differences: Texturz Plates are not folders and they have a larger area of approximately 5 3/4" x 7" (unlike the folders.) I used the Texturz Plates with my Cuttlebug! (Which I hope to be replacing soon with the Big Shot because it has more capability than the other, but can still utlizie all the A2 Embossing Folders I already own.)

ThisTexturz Plate Swirl Design added just the right background to my design. It seems sponging has returned as a favorite (for me) technique for creating some subtle, framing texture too! I sponged Riding Hood Red ink around the Close to Cocoa base and the two Very Vanilla pieces. Add in the Heart to Heart, Large Oval and Ticket Corner punches for a little embellishment - gotta have my SU punches! Since the Weekends are about loving your spouse more deeply and growing your intimacy, I also chose one of the Riding Hood Red designs from the Candy Cane DSP to emphasize "passionate love" - I believe that is what red roses signify, so I borrowed that meaning of red for my design!

Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment
Card Stock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Candy Lane DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Accesories: Texturz Plates, Heart to Heart, Large Oval & Ticket Corner Punches, Stampin' Sponge
ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: