Thursday, November 05, 2009

Gifts of the Earth Card

I hosted another Chat & Challenge over at the demonstrator only website - Sudsol. I got this awesome sketch from Taylored Expressions. It is quite different than my usual style, so I played along to get me out of my box a bit more.

I really like the "Gifts of the Earth" set in the current SU! Holiday Mini. the images are lovely, and all have wonderful coloring potential. This time around, I water-colored using my Blender Pen and ink pads. In Colors Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango along with some Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP and Very Vanilla. To add some texture, I used a bit of plastic wrap touched on the Dusty Durango ink pad for a tone-on-tone suede-look, plus a little metal gleam with the gold brads. The sentiment is from the set "Thank You Kindly", and was punched using the Oval Punch and layered onto the Scallop Oval Punch. One more accent - the Photo Corner Punch on the focal image to balance the Bermuda Bay. I added the "Give" by hand - because I wanted a Thanksgiving card. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

1 comment:

Patti Gingrich said...

This is beautiful!