Sunday, November 15, 2009

Gifts of the Earth Card

This is design 2 of 4 from the workshop at Beth H.'s today. For this design, I used the SU! stamp set "Gifts of the Earth" (fabulous Fall images in this set!) from the current Holiday Mini Catalog, along with the jumbo wheel "Bright Blessings".

I pulled out the old favorite Watercolor Pencils - one of the first products I bought, along with the Stampin' Pastels. The Watercolor Pencil colors mix wonderfully with the added touch of the Blender Pen. See the watering can in the focal image? It looks like I had a Bermuda Bay pencil doesn't it? I mixed two colors and it cam eout almost an exact match! Woohoo!

I love using the tone-on-tone technique to create subtle backgrounds, like I did here using Dusty Durango ink and card stock - both for the wheel image AND for the suede texture on the top half using a crumpled piece of plastic wrap (first tapped on the ink pad, then onto the card stock, repeating as necessary.) The suede texture was also added to the Dusty Durango Photo Corner Punch that embellishs the focal image.

I think Dusty Durango is my favorite In Color right now - and look how beautifully it goes with the Bermuda Bay and Soft Suede! A strip of Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, polka dot side down), the Photo Corner Punch and a couple of gold brads finish off our lovely Thanksgiving/Fall design. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: