Friday, November 06, 2009

A "Love"-ly Design

I feel like I am on a roll! I cleaned off my stamping table this week, and have been using up 'left overs' that I've been keeping - you know the ones, those scraps and extra Big Shot cut outs you are *sure* you'll use so you don't throw them away? Okay - so my pile of these is waaay bigger than what I've used up so far, but hey, a girl can feel good about what she does use, right?! :)

I immediately loved this sketch when I saw it on GinaK's blog. I never would have thought to slide a layer between layered cut outs - but I really like the effect. I am going to try this layout for some altered notebooks I want to get done. I think it will be really pretty. For more inspiration for this sketch, check out GinaK's blog or StampTV - as this is actually one of two sketches - a simple one and a step-it-up one.

I'm not sure what occasion I will use this card for yet - possibly a Christmas card for my honey, or a support letter for a Marriage Encounter Team Couple, or maybe it will even last until February to be a St. Valentine's Day card for my honey (probably the most likely! heehee)

Both the image and the sentiment come from the GinaK set "Hand-in-Hand". In case you go check out this fun stamp set - I drew the fingernails in by hand with my Basic Black Stampin'Write Journaling Marker. I used Basic Black, Real Red and Very Vanilla. I paper-pieced in the dress sleeve with some Real Red patterened DSP I had left over, then used my Glue Pen on the polka dots, to create the bracelet on her wrist, his cuff link and edges of the scalloped heart to add some red glitter. The Ticket Corner Punch leaves a wonderful little nook to place some gold brads, and a stamping sponge with Real Red ink finishes off the edges of this design. I hope the up close shot helps you to see the glitter detail better! ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: