Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Super Mom Card

I made this card for one of the Release Party Challenges for GinaK Designs this month. Using a YoYo Yellow solid background is not typical for me - but I wanted this simple design to be bright and cheerful for whichever of my super Mom friends I send it to! The joyful look on "Kindred Spirit - Julia's" face matches with the sunshine yellow she is flying through! For me, this represents the underlying joy that gift of motherhood brings - even if a day isn't going so well, the underlying joy remains.

I couldn't get the detail on Julia to photgraph - but her Brilliant Blue suit is all sparkly from a Spica glitter pen, and her Real Red cape is shiny from a Sakura glaze pen. I used three Stampin' Up! punches - Star, Large Star and Modern Label. Also used - Crop-a-dile, Star eyelets (retired SU), and Dimensionals to pop up Julia and the Super Mom sentiment. (Julia and the sentiment are both GinaK.) ENJOY!


Blog Siggy

No comments: