Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In Color Combo Swap

I hosted this swap with fellow demonstrators to utilize the In Color Combination chart that Stampin' Up! put together for us. It is a great addition to the Color Coach because it gives color combos with the newest In Colors (there was one for last catalog's In Colors too!) I find I am so much more likely to try color combos out of my comfort and style range - if someone else has put the colors together for me! The Color Coach and this In Color Combo Chart, together with the Idea Books & Catalogs for layouts, make it super easy for me to focus on my stamps and embellishments - which is the part I find the most FUN! I figure you all are probably similar to me in this respect - so all of us who participated in this swap hope you enjoy these samples! Contact your demonstrator for a copy of the In Color Combo chart. If you don't have a demo - Please feel free to contact ME!

Butterfly Card: Stamped By Juli Smith. In Color Combo: Groovy Guava, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky & River Rock. Stamps: Garden Whimsy. I got this layout directly from the Stampin' Up! Fall/Winter Collection p. 108. Absolutely LOVE the In Color Double-Stitched Ribbon. I used the 1 3/8" Square Punch to punch out the butterflies. Tip: stamp first, punch second - makes it so much easier to line up the punch with the image. Second tip - hold most punches upside down so you can see where you are punching. This design is fast, easy and quite lovely - IMHO. Thanks SU! designers! :) The Soft Sky butterfly doesn't show up well on my scan - but it is very nice in person.

Masculine Birthday #1: Stamped by Juli Smith. In Color Combo: River rock, Mellow Moss, Basic Gray & Ruby Red. Stamps: Close as a Memory, Sincere Salutations, Rough Edges Jumbo Wheel. Access: Crafters Tool Kit for paper piercing on the Basic Gray along the Ruby Red edge, Ticket Corner Punch, Designer Label Punch, Slot Punch and Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (NEW!), Clear Embossing Powder (the flowers).

Masculine Birthday #2: Stamped by Juli Smith. In Color Combo: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Blue Bayou & Chocolate Chip. Recipe same as above - only I used the River Rock Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon instead. I had what I thought was an extra flower focal piece laying around, counted my swaps, had enough, so picked another combo to try. I found the other swap all done except for it's focal piece later! Poor card - all done up with no focal piece to complete it!! Heehee



No comments: