Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sketch/Layout Versatility




I am LOVIN" this color combination! Okay - I admit I am loving ALL of the color combinations SU! put together using the 2007/08 In Colors - this one happens to be Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Real Red & Chocolate Chip - with the focal piece stamped on Confetti White. (Contact me if you'd like me to email you this chart - so many outstanding combos I would never have ventured far enough outside my creative box to even visualize, much less actually try! Another great reason to be an SU! Demonstrator - all the resources to expand your creativity.)

What I LOVE about sketches or layouts (whichever you prefer to call them) is their versatility. I designed the card first, and loved how it turned out so much, that I wanted to alter the notebooks to match. I could make scrapbook pages from the same sketch/layout too if I needed to. Remember - you are rarely limited by the size of shape of you project! Find a favorite sketch/layout - and give it a try on another project. I am positive you will be surprise yourself - and you will have expanded your creativity a little more too!

I made these for Marriage Encounter Team friends. The card was for their Deeper Weekend, and the Altered Composition Notebooks (I made a pair of them for their dialoguing) for a gift after their Deeper Weekend. A lighthouses is the main symbol this Weekend. This lighthouse comes from the retired stamp set - Coast to Coast. I also used the Linen Background Stamp, a non-SU! Marriage Encounter symbol stamp, and the word "Enjoy!" comes from another retired stamp set Everyday Expressions. Inks were Classic Soft Sky and Blue Bayou. Accessories included Bordering Blue eyelets, Double Circle Punch (perfect spacing of two eyelets every time!), the 1/16" hand punch and the Crafters Tool Kit (for paper piercing around the top, left corner on the Choclate Chip strip of cardstock.)

No comments: