Friday, December 21, 2007

Teacher Christmas Gifts



Nice gifts, eh? It's too bad they may not receive them until after Christmas now! I have all three kids home sick today - the last day before Christmas break. Two got sick in the middle of the night, and one just about 30 minutes ago (good thing I made him stay home on the thinking that he'd been well exposed to the other two.) I think I got to bed about 2:00am and didn't sleep well at all, then dh's alarm clock at 5:00am, then ds getting up for school at 6:30am only to be told to go back to bed becuz he wasn't going, then listened to him cry on and off for the next 40 minutes. The kids "tried" to let me 'sleep in' - they were all up by 7:00am. So for the next 3 hours, I dozed in bed, but a 7, 5 & 2 yr old cannot keep quiet very easily, and Mom Radar doesn't shut off unless I am completely exhausted, and even then.... So - there's my sleep deprived ramble - THANKS for putting up with me!


I made these designs for my kids' teachers for their Christmas gifts. The first card uses the Stamp Sets Punch Pals & Much Appreciated. For some reason, Gable Green doesn't scan well with my scanner, and it appears much more yellow, but I trust you all have this color in your stash. I love this bright and cheery color combo - Gable Green, Ballet Blue & Pixie Pink, accented with Very Vanilla. The Snowflake image is stamped in Green Galore on the Gable Green for a bolder background look. I used the following punches: Scallop, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Circles. As well as the 5/8" Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon. The friendly Penguin image & the Thank You are stamped in Brilliant blue, and the two circle layers the Penguin is on are on a Dimensional. I also applied Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the Penguins scarf with the Two Way Glue Pen.
The second card uses the Much Appreciated Stamp Set as well as the retired stamp set called Merry. This one uses Bordering Blue, Sage Shadow & Confetti Cream Card Stock, with accents of Handsome Hunter sponged on the Confetti Cream and Sage Shadow. The "Thank you" image is also stamped in Handsome Hunter. The Snowflake images were stamped tone on tone for each color. I added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the Bordering Blue Snowflakes. I used the Craft Ink Stampin' Spot in Bordering Blue to stamp and heat emboss the Mitten image in Clear Embossing Powder. I LOVE the Craft Stampin' Spots for heat Embossing in COLOR, and bought each Color Family specifically for this purpose. I prefer the Classic Ink for my general stamping, but since SU! began to offer Chipboard Accents, I use the Craft Ink for coloring those. The Craft Ink stays wet just long enough to sprinkle on the Embossing Powder and hold on to it until I get to it with the Heat Tool. I also used the Ticket Corner Punch to accent my Mitten focal image. ENJOY! Merry Christmas!

No comments: