Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Baptism Card

I made this in celebration of the Baptism of friend's baby son in a few weeks. I found my sketch inspiration from Card Positioning Systems Challenge #148, as well as the Copic Buzz Group on PCP = use ribbon.

I used SU! Soft Suede as the base layer. Then Certainly Celery stamped tone-on-tone with a cross image from Creative Play Stamps First Communion stamp set, and SU! Corner Rounded. I also sponged Certainly Celery ink on the edges to provide a subtle, softer look - which unfortunately doesn't show up in the scan.


The Bashful Blue is punched with the SU! Eyelet Border Punch and is layered with a strip of Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon.

Oh look - one of my new Nestabilities again! Adore my SU! Big Shot and Nesties! lol Used to accent the adorable focal image from the stamp set "Hand-in-Hand" by Melanie Muenchinger for GinaK Designs is colored with Copic markers (I tried to make the baby's arm/hand a shade lighter than the adults) and sponged around the edge with Soft Suede ink. As well as popped up on SU! Dimensionals. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is previous!! Love the crosses on the background! Thanks for joining as at CPS this week!

♥Lea

Unknown said...

what a fabulous take on the CPS sketch this week, thanks for playing along!!