Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweetheart Card

I designed this for a challenge from the GinaK Designs January Release party over at SCS. The challenge was to create a Valentine WITHOUT using red or pink. Good challenge, as it makes us think outside our creativity box, eh? Besides red, pink and white - what is the next thing I think of for St. Valentine's Day? Why - CHOCOLATE of course! heehee So I chose Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Brushed Gold as my color combination.


I used several GinaK stamp sets - all designed by Melanie Muenchinger - "Little Tees" for hers, "Just So Sporty" for his both heat embossed using SU! Gold emobssing Powder. For the sentiment, I used the "Hand-in-Hand" stamp set and my SU! Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker to 'omit' and be able to only stamp the words I wanted. My Big Shot (SU!) made it easy peasy to use the Heart and Classic Petite Oval Nestabilities.

I finished off my embellishing with the SU! Eyelet Border Punch and some retired, gold, narrow organdy ribbon. SU! Dimensionals pop up the layered sentiment and the gold bow. ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

1 comment:

Jana M. said...

I love this card! Adorable!