Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wedding Gift 6 x 6 Scrapbook

We are enjoying a family wedding this weekend. I LOVE weddings! Here's a tidbit about me you don't know - I worked in the wedding business for over 17 years, first with my mom in her retail store where we sold wedding invitations and all the accessories that make weddings so special - decorations, cake toppers, garters, knife & server, unity candle, etc. When Mom sold her business, I started selling the professionally printed wedding invitations (you know, those huge books/catalogs you see at Hallmark stores and print/copy shops?) from my home. When I started in SU! five years ago - I added handmade invitations to the offering. I've since dropped the "big" catalogs, and now only make invitations for family and friends, and of course I have SU! workshops!

Here's the 6 x 6 album I made for our gift this weekend. The Priceless set swirls are very elegant, perfect for a wedding scrapbook. I stamped the larger swirl tone-on-tone in Very Vanilla CRAFT ink on Very Vanilla card stock. I clear embossed the smaller swirl on Basic Black for the album accents. How about the Decor Elements on the cover? The pages are shown in their album order. This was a simple layout, done a couple of hours - easy and fun! I hope they like it! I am including a Stampin' Write Journaler too.

Stamps: Priceless
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Versamark
Accessories: SU! Linen Post Album, Decor Elements, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Love & Happiness RubOns (retired SAB), Narrow, Black Organdy Ribbon (retired SU).