Saturday, August 02, 2008

Workshop - Retiring Set & In Colors


This was the second project from the Workshop last Thursday. It showcases two retiring In Colors - Groovy Guava & River Rock, as well as the retiring stamp set Polka Dots and Paisley. I like the look of the color blocking, plus it is quick and easy. All you need to remember is that the three rectangles are 1 7/8" x 2 1/2" if you want the standard, layering border around them like this sample. I also stamped tone-on-tone for these. The Blush Blossom is very subtle and very pretty in person. The Groovy Guava piece was stamped off for a lighter shade, otherwise the bold image would have overtaken the design. The Ruby Red piece didn't need to be stamped off because the line image is delicate enough to not be overbearing.

Soooo - where DID this color combination come from? The In Color color coach sheets SU! does every year for its demonstrators, when the newest batch of In Colors is released. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Color Coach (currently shown on pg. 162). So when SU! did up some color combos with the In Colors, I was all over that.

Did you just ask "What is the Color Coach?!" No way? WAY?! Oh my - run, don't walk to your demonstrator [or ME if you don't already have a demonstrator :) ] and order this really useful tool. (Yep - Thomas the Tank Engine is BIG in our house! lol)

The Color Coach is a wheel of all 48 SU! colors - that lists one complementary and three coordinating colors for almost every one of the 48 colors. There are also Dynamic Duo combos when you want a two shade look. I reach for my Color Coach OFTEN, and have found some amazing color combinations *I* never would have thought of. It also has helped push me outside my "color comfort box" with wonderful results.

When you go to order the NEW In Colors in just a short 9 days - WOOHOOOOOO!, oops, sorry, well not really - lol - ask your demonstrator for a copy of the In Color chart to go with them. I know I'll be giving a copy of this really useful tool to my customers who are purchasing the NEW In Colors.

Stamps: Polka Dots and Paisley (retiring)
Cardstock: River Rock, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom & Ruby Red
Ink: Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom & Ruby Red
Accessories: Earth Elements Brads, Crafters Tool Kit Paper Piercer and Guide
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Jill Coleman said...

Love this card Juli. Colors and the simplicity just work.