Saturday, November 15, 2008

Star Studded Triptych Kings - Part 2

I love the images in the SU! Holy Triptych set (remember last year's Holy Triptych triptych card?) And why do I call it Part 2? Well, because this is the card I made for my folks last year(click here to see it), and liked it so much that I made a few slight changes for us this year!

I water-colored the kings, using the Aquapainter and the Watercolor Wonder Crayons. I colored directly onto the Naturals White card stock, then swabbed over the color to "melt" it and spread it around. I found that doing it this way provided a deeper, richer color, while maintaining the watercolor style I wanted. (I used straight marker coloring on my folks cards last year.


Here is a view from a looking down angle. I wanted to show you the z-fold of the card. The card is still 5 1/2" across, then you score the top fold at 2 3/4" and fold it back.

I like the ease of layering colors with this fold. Normally, a z-fold card doesn't have something to 'tuck the fold under', but I added the tuck under star seeing as it is the Three Wisemen. :)

One of my other favorite parts of this design is the starry night sky, created by clear embossing the stars on the dark card stock color.

Here is a close-up view of the water coloring, as well as the gifts the wisemen are carrying. I used the Atyou Spica Glitter Pens in Sky Blue, Gold & Olive. I am hoping this macro view (my first attempt on my camera for trying this!) shows you the pretty glittery effect of the Spica Glitter Pens - they are simply gorgeous!! And went perfectly with my Brushed Gold Large Star punch, and the gold embossed sentiment.

BTW - Spica Glitter Pens are ON SALE over at CreativePlayStamps - tell them StampinJewels sent you!

Stamps: Holy Triptych(current), Background Basics & Star Studded Season (both retired)
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Brocade Blue, Sage Shadow, Brushed Gold & Naturals White
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Large Star Punch, Gold & Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals(two full ones under each star), Aquapainter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons (in night of navy, brocade blue, more mustard, so saffron, handsome hunter & sage shadow)
ENJOY!

No comments: