Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Holy Triptych - Triptych!


The StampinJewels Blog has been quiet over the weekend because I was away stamping!! Woohoo! This was the third year (my second) of this annual stamping get-away planned by my good friend and sideline demo Tina M. The location is a beautiful Retreat Center and though it is not far from home, it seems like it is - the best of both worlds! :) I worked on my Christmas cards all weekend - and am pleased with how much I got done, but I still have a ways to go. Can you see why? When I first saw this design(by Michele Fisher) using the Holy Triptych Stamp Set in the 2007 Holiday Mini Catalog, it was love at first sight! So this year - I am giving a gift instead of a card - a Christmas decoration that I hope some of my recipients will add to their annual decoration stash and enjoy for years to come. I chose the Dynamic Duo(from the SU! Color Coach) of Handsome Hunter and Sage Shadow to keep the richness of the Christmas Season colors. The Square Ice Brads add the perfect amount of sparkle - and the Holy Family shines as the centerpiece raised above all others. This design is quite the undertaking - but isn't that what Christmas is all about? Spending your time, energy and Love on gifts for family and other loved ones - just as Joseph and Mary did in their "YES!" to God's plan of salvation? ENJOY!

No comments: