Monday, November 26, 2007

Star Studded Triptych Kings


I designed this for my parents as a thank you for taking care of our children this coming weekend , while Steve & I are presenting our first Marriage Encounter weekend. I knew my Mom would tell me not to make her cards again this year (last year they were an early Christmas present) because she thinks I am "so" busy. But how can she refuse them if they are a thank you gift?! ;) Aahh well, she won't refuse them anyway because she loves my hand-stamped cards and so do all the people she sends them to! As I made this - I thought to myself, "Next year - *I* am doing a simpler design like this for MY Christmas cards!" ROFL!!! Yah, riiiiiiight! (Okay - so some of you wouldn't call this a simple design, but compared to the Holy Triptych Triptych (scroll down a few posts) - it would definitely be a simpler design!!)


This card is called a Z-Fold because I scored the front cover at its half-way mark and folded it back on itself. The Regal Rose is actually the inside of the card, but it was cut to provide a layered look with the focal piece image. The little stars are Heat Embossed in Clear EP for the subtle appearance of a dark, starry night - yet the Clear EP gives them a nice shine to reflect the light. The Star-Studded Star is stamped So Saffron on So Saffron, Paper Snipped out and mounted on a double layer of Dimensionals - which not only "pops' it up, but allows it to be used as a 'closure' for the Z-Fold.

Stamps: Holy Triptych & Star-Studded (both in the soon to expire - this week!- 2007 Holiday Mini) & Background Basics. Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Regal Rose, Rose Red, So Saffron & Very Vanilla. Ink: Basic Gray, Versamark, So Saffron. Accessories: Stampin Writes in More Mustard, So Saffron, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Handsome HUnter & Sage Shadow; Clear & Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Snips, Personal Paper Trimmer for Scoring, Table Top Paper Cutter for cutting and Didmensionals for mounting the Star 'closure'.

No comments: