Friday, January 23, 2009

CreativePlayStamps - Felt Valentine

When I first came across this Prima Voila Die Cut Art Strip while browsing the Embellishments category over at Creative Play Stamps I didn't know what it was! lol Do you know? Let me tell you anyways... self-adhesive die cut felt strips. Self-Adhesive!!! Yeah Baby - that's what I'm talking about!! heehee I think these were made specifically for me - lol. I really wanted to show the beautiful design of the felt, so I made a long Valentine card.

Since the felt design itself is so decorative and lovely, a simple sentiment was called for and the 'Valentine' from the stamp set of the same name is the perfect font style to go with the felt strip. I added the duo color rosebud image from the Valentine Circle set at the end of the sentiment for an added touch of elegance. Combined with fancy corners via the SU! Ticket Corner Punch - and the result is a simple focal piece that stands out while also letting the beautiful felt strip hold it's own. Let's see - I think this took all of 10 minutes - maybe. Voila is an appropriate name for these Prima Felt Strips! :)

Stamps: Valentine & Valentine Circle (CPS)
Card Stock: SU! Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Stampin' Writes in Real Red & Garden Green
Accessories: Prima Voila Die Cut Art Strip, SU! Ticket Corner Punch
ENJOY!

Blog Siggy

No comments: