Friday, January 30, 2009

Pearl Love & Hearts

Okay - so I learned something new while making this design. While browsing the Creative Play Stamps site, I came across the Ranger Embossing Pearls powders. Huh, I wonder what these are like? so I ordered a couple to try out. You saw the Pale Gold in the previous post, such a lovely gold! "Well," I thought to myself, "St. Valentine's Day is coming up, I think I'll try the Embossing Pearls in Red." I receive my order and the container of "Red" Embossing Pearls powder is pearl white. Huh! (Anyone laughing at me yet, oops, I mean "with" me!) :) So I try it out on Basic Black first. As you can see - it comes out a lovely shade of purple, actually it pretty much matches the SU! Orchid Opulence perfectly!

So I try it on Whisper White next - still looking for a red color! (yah, takes me awhile sometimes! heehee) Wow - the pearl is sure pretty, but where's my RED? As I move the card stock I catch a glint of the lightest reddish sheen I've ever seen - it all depends on the card stock and the way the light hits the embossed design! LOL - and here I was expecting RED with a pearl-like sheen. So now I'm playing with this powder on other colors to see what happens - you may see future designs with this, not sure yet.

BUT - I am thrilled to be using a SU! color that I rarely use, which is Orchid Opulence. This design is quite pretty in person, though neither my camera nor my scanner did a great job at picking up the true Orchid Opulence color. For this design, I used both of the CPS Valentine sets - isn't the arrow cute? The "You" is part of an "I Love You" - just inked up only that word. I like the Cuttlebug Heart Block A2 Embossing Folder. for this design, it adds a nice, simple background while letting the Embossing Pearl powder be the draw to the focal point sentiment and image. A little SU! Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon & paper piercing with the SU! Crafters Tool Kit and VOILA - Pearl Love & Hearts!

Stamps: Valentine and Valentine Circle (CreativePlayStamps)
Card Stock: SU! Orchid Opulence & Basic Black
Ink: Versamark and Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Ranger Embossing Pearls - Red, Cuttlebug & Heart Block A2 Embossng Folder; SU! Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Heat Tool, Crafters Tool Kit & Stampin' Dimensionals.
ENJOY!


Blog Siggy

1 comment:

Paula said...

This is so very pretty, Juli! I like that stamp!