Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Valentine for Men


I have finally gotten to play with the lovely "Valentine" stamp set from CreativePlayStamps.com. I found an unsual color combo from the In Color Combo Chart that SU! provided us demos, and was immediately intrigued. First because I *never* would have put these colors together on my own. Second because I am *always* on the lookout for potentially great masculine color combos. So this is my first attempt with this color combo and a masculine Valentine design. The CPS Valentine stamp set is lovely, and lends itself to one of my favorite techniques - watercoloring. The focal piece is Naturals White CS that has been color washed with the Pale Plum Watercolor Wonder Crayon and Aquapainter - this gives a little color but not overpowering. The flowers and hearts are watercolored from the Classic Ink Pads of Purely Pomegranate & Bravo Burgundy, Going Gray & Basic Gray. I love the "love" image done in tiny hearts - and picked up on the texture & interest it brings with Crimping on the Bravo Burgundy strip as well as Paper Piercing with the Crafters Tool Kit on the Basic Gray along the edges of the Bravo Burgundy. A touch of metal with the Black Brads, and how about that tiny Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon? Taffeta and Basic Gray - can you get much more sensuous than that? :)
P.S. I think this design was just crying out for Dazzling Diamonds Glitter - BUT not on a masculine design! heehee ;)

No comments: