Saturday, September 06, 2008

Frankenstein & His Chocolate Bride



Isn't Frankie cute? And how about his Chocolate Candy Bar Holder Bride, including her beauty mark? :) These were inspired by samples from SU! demo Mandy Sutton(aka Mandy625 on SCS). Apparently there are several "Frankie's" out there - these are my interpretations. You all know I love to CASE (copy and share everything), but that I also do not usually CASE exactly! I wanted my guy to be a standard size card, even with his side screws. As I thought about it, I said to myself, "Well, Frankie's head is usually portrayed as more square at the top." Sooo, I cut at an angle on each side (the card opens from the top). I like the big eyes, even though that means his side screws end up coming out of his jaw, rather than his neck - hhhmm, maybe I'll make another one just to see..... ;)

Below, you'll find most of the details, a faux tutorial, I guess! ;)

Candy Bar Holder: I began with a 6" x 6 1/2" piece of Kiwi Kiss, and scored it at 1-3/4" and 4 -1/4" so it would fold around the Hershey bar better. I made eyelashes by cutting into the side of the 1/4" Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, and attaching it under the punched half circle eyelids with Mini Glue Dots.
For both projects, I used the technique of direct-to-paper with my ink pads to add a little texture and interest to the edges and a little further in, as well as around the eyelids and nose so they stood out a bit more.
Cardstock
• Kiwi Kiss card stock: Card: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"; Candy Bar Holder: 6" x 6-1/2"
• Lovely Lilac card stock: 1-3/4" x 4-1/4"; 3/4" x 4-1/4"
• Basic Black
• Whisper White
• Scraps of all card stock colors

Ink

• Kiwi Kiss Classic Stampin’ Pad
• Lovely Lilac Classic Stampin' Pad
• Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad

Stampin’ Up! Accessories

• Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
• Basic Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
• Basic Black Stampin' Write
• 1-3/8" Circle Punch
• 1-1/4" Circle Punch
• 1" Circle Punch
• 3/4" Circle Punch
• 1/2" Circle Punch
• Corner Rounder (the one that SU! reitred, not the current one, which I also like!)
• Signo Gel Pen
• Paper Snips
• Craft & Paper Scissors
• Sticky Strip
• Mini Glue Dots
• Screw Brads (non-SU!) [I will admit, that I *could* have devised a way to make faux screw brads - but I'd rather keep stamping new projects!]
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Jill Coleman said...

Oh my goodness Juli, they are too cute. I will be CASE'ing for sure but will likely do it exactly as you did.