Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Horse in Copics


Here's another one of the Serendipity Stamps Horse images I mentioned in this post. This time I played with source of light and shadowing. I was pleased with the results.

I started with an all over layer of YR00 - (I am really bummed, my E31 is missing, I think it may have gotten mixed in with the markers at the Copic training, cuz I haven't seen it since then.) Next came an all over layer of E25, and then E27 for the shadowed side of the horse's head. Many, many layers of color were used here - and to help in the blending so the source fo light side and the shadow side look realistic, I went back over the light and shadow lines with more YR00. The lighter colors work similar to Colorless Blender, only - well, they aren't colorless, so when the color is pushed together it's not blended out to white(which is what the Colorless Blender does.) Instead, it's blended out to the what the light color you are using is. And considering YR00 was my base color, this is an effective means of blending.

Can you see the glitter frame around the horse image? On the same visit to our cousins over at CreativePlayStamps, I also did some shopping (remember, Sakura Glue Pen and Stardust Pens, several glitters, etc.) Well, I used the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, and one of those glitters. This glitter is Leather Ultrafine Opaque Art Glitter. I took one look at the jar and fell in love with the color! I've been wanting to use it all these months, though I will say the Pewter glitter side-tracked me for awhile! lol

The sentiment is a rub-on from the now retired, SU! Sell-abration Love & Happiness package, and did you notice the yummy Baja Breeze textured cardstock? I am so hoping SU! will offer the textured cardstock in single color packages soon!

Stamps: Horse (Serendipity Stamps)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (both SU), StampersSelect White (Papertrey Inc.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: YR00, E25, E27
Accessories: Leather Ultrafine Opaque Art Glitter(CPS); Love & Happiness RubOns (retired SU)
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Juli, this guy is beautiful! Your shading and shadowing are perfect! You are really getting the hang of those Copics!