Friday, September 26, 2008

Mom's Daisy

Here is the card I will be sending my Mom to thank her for accepting the vocation to care for her mom, my Grandma. Click HERE for my original post about my Grandma, Alzheimers and the Heart to Heart Blog Candy.

A BIG Thanks to Carolyn King, not only for the awesome blog candy opportunity, but more importantly for the gentle reminder that we should never assume the people who inspire us in anyway already know they are an inspiration. Just like saying "I Love You" to spouse and kids, or giving hugs - we need to find a way to demonstrate our gratitude every day. What better way than by using our love for papercrafting as our starting point? THANKS again to the myriad individuals and companies who sponsored the Heart to Heart Blog Candy.

REMEMBER - YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEET THE BLOG CANDY DEADLINE TO SEND YOUR CARD! Please just do it as soon as you can - and maybe think about doing some Fall or Thanksgiving cards this year for other service providers you admire. THANKS!

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red & Versamark
Accessories: Tangerine Tango 5/8" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Pretties Kit, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots; Non-SU! Marvy Giga Scallop Oval Punch
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Hey Juli, I like your card. I read your post tonight, and I made a card- real fast! What a great idea Cammie has; I will be sending mine to the care center where her grandma lived. My Mom had Alzheimer's for years, and my Dad took care of her.
I like the colors you used on your card; I haven't used Tangerine Tango or Riding Hood Red much. Nice inspiration.

Brooke said...

Cute stuff! My sister is a SU demonstrator just starting out so I will have to have her check this out. Thanks!

--Stopping by from SITS by the way :)