Friday, September 05, 2008

GinaK Release Party Sketch Challenge

I attended my first New Release Party over at SCS - I mean where I actually hung around and chatted a bit in the forums! I briefly checked in on a previous GinaK Designs new release party, but only managed to jot down the sketch challenges - which I did participate in. See them here and here. THIS is challenge SEPTGKDCK, set by one of the stamp designers and GKD Design Team members, Carolyn King.

I ADORE the supermom images in the Kindred Spirits line by GinaK Designs - but this one, Julia, is my absolute FAV! Look at the *PURE JOY* on her face! It's the JOY of marriage and motherhood - and with so many put downs of both in our cultural, this image is so refreshing. I plan to make cards with Julia for many of my "Mommy friends" to let them know they are doing a great job in their vocations as wife and mother, and that I appreciate their support as I strive to do the same.

Julia is flying in a Spica glittery filled sky, and her leotard is also Spica sparkled. (Spica Pens are AWESOME, and are made by Copic.) I believe GinaK Designs has this product. I got mine from CreativePlayStamps - of course! :) A customer and friend had a pack of the Sakura Glaze Pens at a Stampin' Chat a few months ago - that is the shiny you may be able to see on her cape.

Stamps: Super Mom Julia - Kindred Spirits and Kindred Greetings for Kids(GinaK Designs)
Cardstock: Brilliant blue, Real Red, Creamy Caramel (all SU!); StampersSelect White(Papertrey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Brilliant Blue (SU!)
Accessories: Koh-i-noor Pencils, Odorless Mineral Spirits & Blending Stumps (GinaK); Spica Glitter Pens; Sakura Glaze Pens; Marvy Giga Scallop Oval Punch; Corner Rounder Punch, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, Brilliant Blue Brads, Crafters Tool Kit(all SU!)
ENJOY!

3 comments:

Anita said...

Love the supermom!

Cat Tidwell said...

What a fantastic card! I love these vibrant colors you used! and the ribbon on the edge, neat idea!

debb said...

Love the card and the thoughts behind it! Now I think I need to order the Spica pens, sigh.... debb