Monday, June 23, 2008

ElzyBells - "Gossip Girl"



Though I try not to be a gossip - this telephone gal did remind me of ME! I could be talking to my mom, or one of my best girlfriends - usually about married life, parenting and our faith walk.
This layout comes from the GinaK Release Party this past Friday over at SCS. You can find the layout and contest info here. It comes from oanother one of my fav blogs to visit - Erika Martin. I don't have any GinaK Designs stamps - *yet* - but they are on their way! She's got a lots of wonderful series by herself as well as several other wonderful illustrators. The series that has really put a spark in me is Gina's Kindred Spirits stamps. I can't wait for mine to arrive, so I can stamp and Copic or Koh-i-noor color and share them with you! What's Koh-i-noor? Check out Gina's site now, or wait and see! :)
I liked this layout because it challenged me to use designer paper, which I like, but rarely use. Here's the details the scan doesn't show reall well: Red Spica Glitter Pen on the phone, SU! Close to Cocoa Classic Ink sponged around the edges of the So Saffron Prints DSP, or the red gems that are SU! Fire Circle Brads accenting the sentiment. The paper piercing in the bottom corners shows up well, but around the SU! Scallop Punch is hared to see. I'm still working between scanner and camera for these pics - so please bear with me as this will take me quite awhile.
Stamps: Gossip Girl - ElzyBells Friendship Collection; All Year Cheer I - SU! (retired)
Cardstock: SU! Real Red, Very Vanilla, So Saffron Prints DSP, Loves Me DSP (retired)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black; SU! Real Red & Close to Cocoa
Copics: Y17, R29,E27, YR000, YR00; Red Spica Glitter Pen
Accessories: Word Window, Scallop & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Crafters Tool Kit, Fire Circle Brads, Stamping Sponge,Dimensionals & Mini Glue Dots (all SU!) ENJOY!

1 comment:

Patti Gingrich said...

Really like your use of DP here! Nicely done Juli!