Friday, June 13, 2008

Stamp Day with Friends

On Thursday, I had the fun of a stamping day with two dear friends, Patti and Paula and the pleasure to meet a new friend, Theresa. We began our day with a shoebox swap - which I will be sharing with you over the next few days. A shoebox swap is where you design a project for everyone attending and bring all the supplies including pre-cut cardstock for the opthers to make your project.

The project at right was my shoebox swap. But I have a confession to make - I *forgot* the stamp set! It was supposed to be the SU! One of a Kind stamp set. I looked in Patti's closet and found two sets that worked beautifully with my layout. Important lesson: When you see a color combo, layout, etc. that you like - you *do not* have to have the exact stamp set to duplicate it. Very often, you can use the stamps you have on hand (embellishments too!) along with the layout you wanted to duplicate or CASE (copy and share everything).

Stamp: SU! Wanted and Small Script(retired)
Cardstock & Ink: Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla
Accessories: Purely Pomegranate Double-stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Antique Brass Build-a-Brad, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots and Sponge Dauber. ENJOY!

2 comments:

Paula said...

A beautiful card that you designed for us, Juli! And I do love those colors together. Thanks Juli!

Patti Gingrich said...

You did a great job with this Juli! Especially working a different set into the layout. Nicely done!